"Oftentimes there is need for the relationship between the parting couple to continue, which can make divorce an extremely delicate situation."
Leslie (Les) Babich was a founding member of the firm in 1977, and he has helped guide and shape the practice since then. He focuses almost solely in family law litigation, including divorce, property distribution, child custody and visitation, alimony, child support, and college support. Les also represents clients for premarital agreements.
Les practices all over the state of Iowa but primarily in Polk County and the surrounding area. Les believes in zealously and aggressively representing his clients when necessary. On the other hand, Les has been very successful in obtaining settlements for his clients. Les believes part of his success comes from his ability to exercise excellent judgment about when a case should be settled and when a case should be litigated.
Les received his Bachelor's Degree from Simpson College and went on to earn his J.D. from Drake University. He was admitted to practice law in the State of Iowa in 1974.
Les only accepts cases by referral.
- Family Law
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. - 1974
- Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa
- B.A. - 1971
- Iowa, 1974
- Death from Illegal Self-Injected Overdose of Narcotics held not to be Accidental Within the Meaning of Double Indemnity Provision which Insured Against Death Caused by Accidental Bodily Injury, 22 Drake Ins. L. Rev. 819, 1973
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- AV® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor, DMACC Legal Assistant Program